1. The quantity is large. At present, there are 160,000 sets of turnouts laid on the railway lines in my country, and it is calculated that there is one set of turnouts per kilometer on average. The turnouts are mainly concentrated in railway stations and marshalling yards. A station yard can even reach hundreds of turnouts, and the number is very large.
2. The structure is complex. The structure of the turnout is much more complicated than that of the ordinary line, because the turnout is composed of rails, sleepers, fasteners and various connecting parts. In addition, there is a conversion device related to electrical operations in the turnout, which can be regarded as an electromechanical combined device as a whole, so the turnout is much more complicated than ordinary lines.
3. Short service life. Due to the special and complicated structure of the turnout, compared with other equipment of the track, the force that the turnout bears is large, which can easily cause the rail wear and block, and even a group of turnouts cannot be used after being on the track for a week. .
4. Limit the running speed of the train. Because the turnout is a weak link in the line, the train must slow down when passing the turnout. Even if a railway is designed to travel at a high speed, the speed will be affected by the station switch.
5. High security. Everyone in the train can feel that when the train passes through the turnout, there will be a feeling of shaking. This is because the train passes through the turnout, causing the phenomenon of lateral wobble, which will increase the derailment coefficient of the train and affect the operation of the train. Safety.
Kingrail Parts is a professional manufacturer of railway fasteners. We provide various types of railway turnouts. We welcome railway construction and maintenance companies from various countries to visit our factory. Or follow our official website update: http://www.kirail.com/