1. The top surface of the line guard rail should not be higher than the top surface of the line rail, nor should it be 25mm lower than the line steel rail surface. The width between the outer side of the guard rail head and the inner side of the line rail head should be 200mm, allowing an increase or decrease of 10mm.
2. Longitudinal tie plates with a thickness of less than 30mm are allowed to be added under the guard rail (the ballast bridge deck can also use horizontal pads). Each guard rail shall be nailed with two spikes on every other bridge sleeper and each line sleeper. When using a backing plate with a thickness of 20-30mm, each guard rail shall be nailed with two spikes on each sleeper.
3. Both ends of the bridge deck guard rail should extend beyond the ballast wall of the bridge abutment, and the length of the straight rail part should be no less than 5m; for bridges greater than 50m on the straight line and 30m on the curve, the length is 10m.
4. At least 4 bolts are installed on each guard rail joint, and the nut is installed on the center side of the line (rail fish plates with a long hole at one end should be used at the temperature regulator). In the automatic blocking section, insulating gaskets should be installed at the junction of the guard rails.
5. The turnout guard rail is laid according to the size specified in the turnout design drawing.
In fact, the guard rail plays a very important role. This guard rail can be said to be used in every part of the railway, and it has a very large use. Everyone should lay the guard rail according to the actual situation, because the situation of each road section is different, and it is necessary to be more flexible to adapt. And for the safety of passengers and railway staff, it should be implemented strictly in accordance with the correct method.