Dog Spikes are a type of rail fasteners used to fix rail or tie plates to sleepers. Railway spikes usually include dog spikes and screw spikes.
Dog spikes look like dog heads and are mainly used on trails to fix trail tracks to sleepers with L-shaped heads and square handles.
Dog Spikes in Railway Specifications:
Material: Q235, 35#, 45#, 60#, 16Mn, 65 Mn, 40Cr, 20MnTiB, 35CrMo, 42CrMo
Grade: 3.6, 4.6, 4.8, 5.6, 5.8, 6.8, 8.8, 9.8, 10.9, 12.9
Surface treatment: ordinary oil, black, HDG, galvanized, etc.
Available length: 10-1000 (mm)
OEM service: We can produce dog spikes according to customers' drawings or samples
|A3,Q235, 45#,55#, etc||
,or according to your needs.
According to the customer’s
drawings or samples.
Features and advantages of Dog Spikes:
1. The bottom of the head is inclined to match the inclination of the flange of the rail, and the tip is wedge-shaped instead of sharp.
2. The wedge is driven through the tie plates of the grain, which means that the wedge is parallel to the rail and will have approximately twice the holding force of the wedge driven by the grain.
3. Compared with fasteners with the same amount of metal but with a circular cross-section, the square cross-section provides higher retention strength for rail dog spikes. Roughly speaking, about 50% more.
4. Dog spikes come in various sizes and can be suitable for most applications.
5. Dog head spikes provide a powerful, simple and cheap solution for fixing rails.
Dog spike suppliers are from China:
Kingrail Parts can produce various types of dog spikes, such as: 3 1/2 x 3/8", 2 3/4 x 1/2", 3 1/2 x 1/2", 4 1/2 x 9 /16 inch dog ear pattern, spoon pattern and cut pattern railroad spikes.
Kingrail Parts can manufacture railway dog spikes according to GB, AREMA or ASTM, BS, UIC and other international standards. We have a professional dog spike workshop and provide dog spikes of various sizes. The most popular track spikes are 5/8”×6” and 9/16”×5-1 / 2” for smaller track parts, especially in the North American and American markets. They usually cost 200lbs, 100lbs or 50 Pound keg.