Railroad Tie Anchors Definition:
Railroad tie anchors are used to clamp on the rail base and close to the beams on both sides. It is made of spring steel and is designed to eliminate rail sliding or expansion or contraction.
One-piece railroad tie anchors made of spring steel are designed to firmly fix the rail at the bottom of the rail to prevent the rail from moving longitudinally.
Types of Railroad Tie Anchors:
1. Railway anchors are made according to specific rail weight and base width, and can be divided into two types: drive-on rail anchors and spring rail anchors. Drive-on rail anchors (driven on using a standard spike maul) mainly include: improved Fair rail anchors, Unit 5 type and Channeloc type.
The improved Fair rail anchor is made of special T-shaped spring steel, which has been forged and heat-treated with high strength. It has the following advantages:
1) Provide complete rail base contact
2) Evenly distribute creep load
3) Reduce sleeper chewing and climbing
4) Provide a large sleeper bearing area
2. According to decades of production experience of Kingrail Parts, in addition to the above-mentioned rail anchors, one of the most common raw materials for manufacturing rail anchors is 60Si2MnA. This type of rail anchor is usually used for 50kg, 70lb, 80lb, 90 lb and 91lb rails.
3. Railroad Tie Anchors in the Russian market
The rail anchor on the Russian market is a cast rail fastener made of QT400-15 material. Its as-cast mechanical properties are in full compliance with TOCT 7293-85.
Kingrail Parts' Customized Service:
Please tell us your requirements or send us your drawings and designs of the rail anchors, and we will make free samples for your inspection.