Rubber pad under rail, also called rail pad, is an elastic polyurethane pad assembled between steel rail and sleeper to protect the top of the sleeper from wear and impact. The initial stiffness of the rail pads is not designed to be high, so their relative deformation under the load of the elastic rail clip is very large. This mechanism ensures that the rail pad maintains close contact with the rail despite any vertical movement of the latter.
Functions of Rubber Pad Under Rail:
1. Rail pads can reduce fatigue cracking of concrete sleepers
2. Load distribution on a larger surface
3. Eliminate load concentration and the resulting fatigue stress
4. Concentrate the load on the support element
5. Absorb the uneven contact surface between the rail and the bracket
6. Reduce noise and vibration
7. The seal between the bottom of the rail and the top of the bracket
8. Reduce steel rail wear and support
Martials of Rubber Pad under Rail:
Kingrail Parts has developed a series of high-performance elastic rail pads to meet rigidity requirements and various application fields-from trams to standard rail gauge railways to heavy-duty lines, especially for E-type rail fastening systems and the use of HDPE materials Of SKL type rail fastening system/EVA/Rubber
Manufacturing Process of the Rubber Pad Under Rail:
1. Preparation of rubber compound
2. The mixing is carried out in a two-roll mill or internal mixer. In the case of an internal mixer, it can be carried out in single-stage or two-stage mixing, where the master batch prepared earlier in the internal mixer is completed by adding a curing agent on a two-roll mill.
3. Forming and curing
4. Compression or injection molding
5. Finished edge trimming
6. Ready to start
Types of Rubber Pad under Rail:
1. Rail pad for E-type rail fastening system
The rail rubber pad used in the E-rail fastening system has a similar function to the rail insulator, which can isolate the rail above it from the sleeper below it, effectively preventing vibration and structural noise. Rail pads, e-clips, rail insulators/insulating gauge blocks, and rail shoulders/inserts form a complete set of E-type rail fastening systems.
2. Rail pad for SKL rail fastening system
The rail pad in the SKL rail fastening system is a small but important fastener component that works with SKL clips, screws, plastic dowels, tie plates, etc. The elastic rail pads we produce have certain rigidity and significantly increase the elasticity of the rail superstructure. It has higher elasticity and helps rolling stock to run quietly to meet the acoustic requirements of today's railway lines.
3. Rubber pads for concrete sleepers
Application: 43kg/m, 50kg/m, 60kg/m, 75kg/m rail
Models: 43-7-7, 43-10-7, 50-7-9, 50-10-9, 60-10-17, 60-12-17
Operating temperature: -50~70 degrees
Notes: Store in a clean, ventilated place. Don't put it under direct sunlight, keep away from heat and chemical reagents. Do not touch oil, organic solvents and other chemicals.
4. High elastic groove EVA/HDPE/rubber rail pad
The EVA/HDPE/rubber rail pads produced by Kingrail Parts have high elasticity and are suitable for UIC54, UIC60, BS80lbs, BS100lbs and other rail types and order sizes. According to the customer's requirements, the pads with or without grooves can be customized, and various possible designs are adopted.