Rail bolt fasteners, also known as rail bolts, are one of the most important railway fasteners. It is used to fasten rail joints to connecting rails or fix sleepers with rails.
The size of rail bolts always changes with the requirements of rail cross section. Rail bolts are usually used with rail washers and nuts to fasten the rail.
Rail Bolt Fastener Specifications:
Raw materials: Q235, 35 steel, 45 steel, 40Mn2, 20MnSi, 35CrMo, 40Cr, 42CrMo
Grade: 4.6, 4.8, 5.6, 8.8, 10.9, 12.9
Surface: plain color (oiled), black paint, color paint, zinc, hot-dip galvanizing, etc.
Rail Bolt Fastener Features:
1. The hole preparation is the same as traditional/old rail bolts
2. Convenient and quick to use.
3. Save time and money
Types of Rail Bolt Fastener:
Rail bolts can be divided into BHON track bolts, cup-head oval-neck fish-tail bolts, heavy hexagonal head frog bolts, anchor bolts, tunnel bolts and other types.
Rail Bolt Fastener Application Standards:
According to the relevant railway track standards, each rail joint needs to be bolted, and at least two railway bolts in each rail are tightened to approximately 400 foot pounds of torque, which will generate 25,000 to 30,000 pounds of tension in the railway bolts.
1. Railway bolts in use must be of appropriate size and fastened in place.
2. Railway bolts must be installed together with AREMA spring washers, and nuts must be installed against the spring washers.
3. Railway bolts must be installed, and nuts must be installed alternately on the inside and outside of the rail.
4. When the railway bolts and connecting rods are removed, the connection area of the rail and the contact surface of the connecting rods must be cleaned, and the connecting rods and bolt threads must be lubricated.
5. Safety standards require that it allows operation on all rails with missing or invalid rail bolts
6. The railway bolt consists of a shaft with a wooden thread on one side and a metal thread on the other side. It also has a 7mm hexagon as part of the shaft. It can be easily screwed into the telomere or new column.