The rail fish plate, also known as the rail joint bar or splicing bar, is a metal bar, which is bolted to the ends of two rails and connects them together to form a rail.
The Structure of the Railway Fishplate:
The railway fishplate is a kind of rail fastener connected with the two ends of the rail. According to experience, the use of railway fishplates to connect rails can save working time than welding technology, and the use of fish bolts makes railway fishplates easier to install and maintain. There is a hole in the middle of the side of the fishplate. The upper and lower sides of the horizontal axis of the screw hole are provided with an upper working surface contacting the lower part of the rail head and a lower working surface contacting the upper part of the rail bottom. The rear part of the upper working surface extends upward to form a transition section higher than the rail surface.
Generally speaking, railway fishplates are made of steel, but plastics and composite materials are alternative raw materials for rail joints.
Generally speaking, railway fishplates can be divided into three types: light rail fishplates, heavy rail fishplates and super-heavy rail fishplates.
Types and materials of railway fishplates:
According to different applications, rail joints can be divided into many types. Typical rail joint types include common rail joints, insulated rail joints, non-standard rail joints and compromised rail joints.
1. Common rail fish plate
The common rail fishplate is made of Q235 steel, which is a common material. This kind of rail fishplate can be used for various types of rails. The appearance and weight of ordinary rail joints vary with the weight of railway tracks. The main types of Common railway fishplates are 4-hole and 6-hole.
2. Insulated fish plate
The raw materials and production process of insulated rail joints are determined by the process standard of the insulation material. The size of insulated rail joints is the same as that of ordinary rail joints. Insulated rail joints are generally used in railway sections or leaky sections near power plants. Insulated rail joints can effectively prevent leakage accidents.
3. Non-standard fish plate
There are many types of non-standard rail joints in all rail joints. The section and speed of different railways determine the difference between some rail joints and common railway fishplates. Generally, there are three types of non-standard rail joints with different weights, different pitches and different appearances.
4. Compromise fish plate
Compromise rail joints are different from non-standard rail joints. General compromise rail joints include bubble railway fishplates and railway turnout expansion joints. Compromise rail joints are basically customized, mainly used for turnout expansion joints or the appearance of some railway sections with special designs and requirements. Compared with other types of rail joints, compromised rail joints are difficult to machine.
Installation of railway fishplates:
1. Before installing the railway fishplate, cut off the power and
2. Install two rail bolts for each connection joint.
3. Before installing the fishtail bolt, install the spring washer and flat washer with the opening of the washer facing down.
4. Railway fishplates, railway tracks and fishtail bolts should be oiled.
Maintenance of railway fishplates:
Railway fishplate is a kind of steel rail component widely used in railway tracks. When the train is running at high speed, the vehicle will produce huge impact and friction. Safe railway transportation requires high-quality railway fishplates. In addition, the maintenance of railway fishplates is also very important.
1. The use of supporting fishtail bolts can improve the performance of railway fishplates.
2. Tighten the rail joint cover forcefully with a wrench.
3. Responsible for secondary maintenance every 1200 kilometers. When repairing the railway fishplate, the engine oil pan should be removed, and the use of the engine bearing should be checked. If the clearance is too large, it should be replaced immediately. At the same time, the connecting rod of the fishtail bolt should be replaced.
4. In daily operation, attention should be paid to unstable operation or abnormal noise, and timely inspection.