With the rapid development of modern logistics industry, higher requirements are put forward for the logistics management of machinery and equipment. It's not just about the shipping bits. Once heavy machinery or equipment arrives at the facility, it also needs to be picked up, moved and set up properly. For these purposes, cranes are very handy. Since cranes play an important role, crane rail installations also play an important role in these industries.
Crane Rails and Accessories
Crane rails are made of steel and the length of the rails is limited. It needs to be connected to facilitate the operation of the whole machine or trolley. There are several kinds of accessories for the connection part of the crane rail: bolts, nuts, spring washers, rail clamps, etc. The joints of the rails need to be fixed by bolt welding. If the crane rail is installed without welding and bolting, there is a safety hazard during the use of the crane.
Technology and Standards for Crane Rail Mounting
Accurate installation of crane rails is a primary requirement for this type of heavy machinery and related industries. Selecting the most suitable rail and securing it is a key issue in ensuring the integrity and longevity of the crane rail system. It also requires specialized knowledge and skilled workers. At Kingrail Parts we have a reliable, skilled and experienced team that can assist you with the installation, maintenance and inspection of your crane rails. Now let's talk about crane rail installation standards in detail.
Crane rail installation has its own standards and techniques. For the most basic, technicians must inspect rails, bolts, clamps, etc. prior to the installation process, and if there are any cracks, corrosion, or irregularities in size, they must be replaced immediately.
Standard specifications for crane rail mounting are as follows:
1. Wear and defects should not exceed 3mm.
2. The horn should be in close contact with the rail girder and the crane.
3. The number of horns in each stage should not exceed 20.
4. The length of the horn should not exceed 100mm.
5. The width should be between 10mm and 20mm
6. Wider than the bottom of the track.
7. The distance between the two pieces should not exceed 200mm.
8. The beam must be welded firmly, and the actual contact between the horn and the track section is not less than 60% of the nominal contact area.
9. Rail fittings can be made as straight or 45 degree angle fittings.
10. In cold regions, when installing crane rails in winter, the joint clearance must be between 1 and 2mm.
11. And when the temperature is above 20 degrees Celsius, the gap should be considered between 4 and 6mm.
12. Stops must be installed at the ends of the track to prevent the crane from derailing from both ends.
13. The deviation between the actual centerline of the track and the geometric centerline of the track should not exceed 3mm.
Crane Rail Installation Procedure:
As we all know, crane rails are an essential part of crane installation procedures. Cranes require smooth and continuous rails for heavy loads and trouble-free operation. Accurate installation is imperative, and selecting the most suitable rail and fixing it is a key issue to ensure the integrity and service life of the crane rail system. The best designs and materials were used during installation. Experts and skilled managers have designed the following procedures step by step for crane rail installation:
1. Drill the pre-embedded anchor bolts first, and the anchor bolts are used for the subsequent fixing of the iron bottom plate.
2. Lay the iron base plate on the crane rail foundation and fix it with anchor bolts.
3. Crane rail clamp Weld the base of the crane rail clamp on the iron base plate.
4. The crane rail welding is carried out by the hot rail welding method.
5. Use the crane rail alignment tool to align the rail so that the crane rail alignment tolerance meets the crane rail installation requirements.
6. Compete the securing of the crane rail clamps by placing the bolts in the base holes, install the rail clamps, slat washers and nuts to bring the crane rail clamps closer to the rail.
7. The crane rail installation procedure is complete.
Want to know the expertise about installation and maintenance services for industrial crane rails? Please contact us. Our crane rail experts will give you the most professional advice.