Resilient wheels are the core product in our company's range of wheel supply.
The low stiffness of the elastic wheel is determined by the insertion of special rubber blocks between the center wheel and the tire, thus reducing the transmission of vibrations from the wheel-rail interaction to the vehicle, improving passenger comfort and reducing noise emissions.
1. Noise reduction by absorbing structure noise
2. Shock absorption and reduction of inelastic moving masses
3. Reduce wheel and track wear through the elastic base of wheel tires
4. Lower operating costs as not the entire wheel but only the wheel tire needs to be replaced at the end of its life cycle.
5. The wheel consists of a number of individual rubber or annular elements with precisely matched elastic and damping properties. These measures also ensure that the wheels have the necessary electrical continuity.
Our Elastic Wheel Types:
1. KR 85 Wheel
The "Bochum Single Ring Wheel" consists of a wheel tire, a rubber element and an integrated mesh disc.
2. KR 74 Wheel
This newer version has a split wheel body for easy removal and re-installation of the wheel tires - even under the vehicle with proper installation.
3. KR 3000 Wheel
The KR 3000 is a consistent evolution of the KR 74 design. While retaining a simple assembly process, the wheel's axial stiffness has been significantly improved.
4. KP 05 Wheel
The highly spring-deflected double-ring wheel was specially developed for urban rail vehicles with limited main suspension. Unlike older double-ring wheels, this wheel can be built with a smaller running tread diameter and comparable wheel loads.
4. KP 10 Wheel
This highly spring-deflected double-ring wheel was developed for the high wheelset loads of modern low-floor railway vehicles. Due to the special design of the wheels, the load carrying capacity can be increased by 30% compared to the familiar "KP 05" type.