The one-piece construction rail anchors made of spring steel are designed to hold the rail tightly at the bottom of the rail to prevent longitudinal movement of the rail due to temperature, gradient, traffic changes, i.e. the "crawl" mode of the rail and the braking of the train action.
Rail anchors are mounted directly on the rail base and rest on the sleepers. Rail anchors provide a large bearing surface for the rail base and sleepers, preventing cuts and wear, ultimately extending the life of the sleepers. Anchors are manufactured for a specific rail weight and foundation width and can be divided into two types: driven rail anchors and spring rail anchors.
Kingrail Parts can produce rail anchors according to BS, ASTM, DIN and other international standards. We can produce any number of rail anchors, no matter the size, to meet the needs of our customers.
Application Rules of Rail Anchor:
How to install rail anchor correctly? Regarding the application of rail anchor, generally follow the following rules:
1. The rail anchor should be located on the rail gauge side of the railway base and opposite to the same rail gauge tie rod face on the opposite rail track.
2. The railroad anchor must firmly fix the track base and fully support the rail track contact surface.
3. When the rail anchor's support to the rail gauge tie rod is disturbed, a new rail anchor and a rail tie plates will be required.
4. The railroad anchor should not be moved by driving along the rail track.
5. When applying irion railroad anchor, keep the rail track straight.
Types of Rail Anchors:
We can produce T-shaped, J-shaped or V-shaped rail anchors and other types through forging or casting according to customer requirements.
1. Rail anchor bolts are usually used for 50kg, 85kg, UIC54, UIC60, 90/91lb, 115RE, 136RE and other rails.
|Type||Used in 50Kg, 85Kg,90/91LB, 115RE /136RE ,UIC54 & UIC60 rail, or other types upon customers’ drawings.|
C:0.56-0.64, Mn:0.60-0.90, Si:1.60-2.00, Cr:≤0.35, P:≤0.03, S:≤0.03
|C:0.42-0.50, Mn:0.50-0.80, Si:0.17-0.37, Cr:≤0.25, P:≤0.035, S:≤0.035||C:3.60-3.80, Mn:≤0.6, Si:2.50-2.90, P:≤0.08, S:≤0.025|
Russian railway anchors are often used in railway casting, and their material is QT400-15. All related mechanical properties are strictly implemented in accordance with TOCT 7293-85 standard.