Railroad tie anchors, rail anchors or rail anti-climbing devices are spring steel clips, connected to the underside of the sleeper plate and leaning against the side of the sleeper. The function of the rail anchor is to prevent longitudinal movement of the rail due to temperature changes or vibration.
Kingrail Parts manufacture rail anchors to specific rail weights and base widths. Our rail anchors can meet GB, AREMA or ASTM, BS, UIC and other standards.
Types of Railroad Tie Anchors:
1. Rail anchors are commonly used for rails such as 50kg, 85kg, UIC54, UIC60, 90/91lb, 115RE, 136RE, to name a few. We can produce T-shaped or V-shaped rail anchors and other types through forging or casting according to customer requirements.
Rail anchor specifications
Used in 50Kg, 85Kg,90/91LB, 115RE /136RE ,UIC54 & UIC60 rail, or other types upon customers’ drawings.
C:0.56-0.64, Mn:0.60-0.90, Si:1.60-2.00, Cr:≤0.35, P:≤0.03, S:≤0.03
C:0.42-0.50, Mn:0.50-0.80, Si:0.17-0.37, Cr:≤0.25, P:≤0.035, S:≤0.035
|C:3.60-3.80, Mn:≤0.6, Si:2.50-2.90, P:≤0.08, S:≤0.025|
|Surface||plain (oiled),color painting, zinc painted or HDG|
|Standard||AS1085.10-20002 , DIN, ISO-9001|
2. Generally speaking, according to our previous production experience, the most commonly used material for the production of rail anchors is 60Si2MnA, which is commonly used for rails such as 50kg, 70lb, 80lb, and 90/91lb.
3. Rail anchors for the Russian market: high-quality ductile iron parts
Russian railway anchors are often used in railway casting and are made of QT400-15. All related mechanical properties are strictly implemented in accordance with TOCT 7293-85 standard.
Application Rules of Rail Anchors:
1. There are general rules for the use of rail anchors.
2. In order to lean against the same connecting surface on the opposite rail, the rail anchor should be located on the gauge side of the rail base.
3. The rail anchor must be firmly fixed to the rail base and fully support the rail sleeper surface.
4. When the support of rail anchors and sleepers is disturbed, new rail anchors and sleepers are needed.
5. The rail anchor should not be moved by driving the rail anchor along the rail.
6. When using rail anchor bolts, the rail sleepers should be kept straight.
Please contact us for more information and quotations.